Your privacy and how we handle your data are very important to us, so we follow strict guidelines about how we gather and use your personal data.
What information do we collect?
If you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and land) and email address.
As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails, text and webchat conversations) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
When someone visits www.your-choice.uk.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
How do we use this information?
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow our advisers, agents and sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure;
- to help us to understand your needs and provide a better service;
- to help us to improve our products and services;
- to enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- to enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer our websites;
- to facilitate our internal record keeping;
- to enable you to participate in our competitions and promotions;
- to carry out marketing analysis and applicant profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to process orders which you place for goods or services from us;
- to prepare before and after photographs of enhancements to your property to use for marketing purposes;
- to contact you to invite you to write a news article about our products and services; to invite you to events, send you promotional material and for press releases if you are a journalist, where it is in our legitimate interests.
Receiving goods and services from you:
- to enable us to receive and manage services from you (including supplier due diligence, payment and expense reporting and financial audits);
- for health and safety records and management;
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- to send you certain communications (including by email or post) about our goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions and keeping you informed about our fees and charges);
- for health and safety and quality assurance;
- to carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
A ‘cookie’ is information that a website stores on your computer so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
The cookies used on Your Choice websites do not include any information that others could read and understand about you, such as your name or contact details.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This practice is strictly adhered to. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely. You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
We may collect and use your personal information for undertaking marketing by email, software app, telephone, and post.
We may send you certain marketing communications (including electronic marketing communications to existing customers) if it is in our legitimate interests to do so for marketing and business development purposes.
However, we will always obtain your consent to direct marketing communications where we are required to do so by law and if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such marketing.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time or by calling 0800 169 4822 during business hours.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with the information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Your Individual Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 ‘Right for Information’ – you are entitled at any time to:
- be informed about the processing of your personal data
- rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete (requests to amend data will be processed within one month)
- access to your personal data and supplementary information, and the right to confirm that your personal data is being processed
- be forgotten by having your personal data deleted or removed on request where there is no compelling reason for Hargreaves Building Services LTD to continue to process it (requests to have your data deleted will be processed within one month)
- restrict processing of your personal data
- data portability of your personal data for your own purposes
- object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. You have the right to ‘opt out’ of receiving any marketing or promotional material from Hargreaves Building Services LTD at any time.
Please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/ for more information regarding your personal data protection rights.
How long will your information be held?
- Your information will not be held for longer than three years if you have enquired only (and not purchased from Hargreaves Building Services LTD ).
- If you are a customer who has made a purchase from Hargreaves Building Services LTD, we are required as a minimum to hold your customer data for the lifetime of the warranty on your purchase (up to 20 years) and unless you request for your information to be removed, we will continue to hold your data on our system for up to 40 years. This is because the data we hold will be relevant should you wish to update your home improvements in the future and we may require the original/specific details of your installation.
The data controllers responsible in respect of the information collected on this website are:
Hargreaves Building Services LTD, Company number: 05506592.
Further questions or making a complaint
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer Terry Wood – email email@example.com or write to Hargreaves Building Services LTD, 590 Manchester Old Road, M24 4PW.
We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information. A third-party administrative company may be used to support our complaint handling processes.
© Hargreaves Building Services LTD. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos, images, photographs and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this website are the property of Hargreaves Building Services LTD or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of Hargreaves Building Services LTD or such third party which may own the Mark.